PT Michael Page Internasional Indonesia (Recruitment Firm)
Michael Page International is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world’s top employers. The Group operates through 155 offices in 35 countries worldwide. We have operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas and focus on recruiting for the following sectors:
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Human Resources
- IT & T
- Procurement & Supply Chain
- Property & Construction
- Secretarial & Office Support
|Position||Government Relations Mining/KLHK – Consulting Background|
|Perusahaan||PT Michael Page Internasional Indonesia (Recruitment Firm)|
|Alamat||Indonesia – Jakarta Raya|
|Min 6 tahun (Manajer/Asisten Manajer)|
The candidate is responsible for managing all of Client's external stakeholder's engagements and Publics Affairs programs in Jakarta (National) Office which includes both government and non-government stakeholders relevant to Client's objectives and vision, especially for the Ministry of Environment and Forestry.
The client is an Indonesian mining company which operates in the top 3 gold and copper mining sector. They own large fleet equipment, a processing plant, power plant, port with ferry terminal, air services and established townsite.
The main role is to identify, analyze, establish, and manage relationships with stakeholders relevant to Government's support for Client's operations, public policy and regulatory developments as well as other non-market objectives. The candidate should be expected to develop Client's engagement strategies and help lead implementation.
• Develop and implement effective engagement programs with key national government, parliament, other
stakeholders to improve understanding and to gain support;
• Develop and maintain communications and positive relations with government agencies at national/Jakarta
• To support and monitor permitting/approval processing requirements to ensure that all permits and approvals
are obtained timely and effectively in order to achieve full permitting compliance by Permitting Dept;
• Ensure all company's obligations to the government are fulfilled and in compliance with applicable regulations,
included but not limited to compliance, building permits, permits under the jurisdiction of national government;
• Monitor and analyze legislation/regulation development/changes that are relevant to Company and provide
advice and recommendation to manager.
• Monitor and analyze social and political development that are relevant to Company and provide advice and
recommendation to manager.
• Ensure the management of an updated stakeholder mapping relevant to all of Company's core business and
• Provide analysis and guidance over the importance of particular stakeholders and relations to Company;
• Conduct intelligence gathering through engagements with stakeholders;
• Ensure systematic reporting of activities with external stakeholders; and
• Lead site visit and field verification activity by National Government.
• Comprehensive understanding of Indonesia's laws and regulation related to the mining industry, including
mining, tax, environment, and forestry;
• Comprehensive understanding of mining operations;
• Good interpersonal and presenting skills;
• Able to develop good relationship with government stakeholder in all levels; and
• Strong analytical, qualitative and quantitative skills.
• Have +7 years of experience in mining industries;
• Previously held a similar/senior position in a similar organization;
• Actively involved in a mining association or a related association in the mining industry;
• Strong network in government ministries / bodies / agencies;
• Fluency in written and verbal English and Indonesian; and
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree in any discipline. Overseas graduate or consulting background will is
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Andrew Huang on +62 21 2958 8820.